I've been learning & experimenting with computers and technology ever since I was a kid. My natural curiosity paved the way for an obsession with the Internet that has driven me to dedicate my time to finding ways to make businesses more profitable and productive using the latest software, hardware, and technological strategy available in today’s market.
I bring a can-do attitude and a mildly sarcastic sense of humor to the table, and I love a good challenge. I have a penchant for open-source technologies, clean code, and scalable systems solutions. I am Magento Developer Plus certified and a Certified Scrum Master.
In past jobs, I have held positions as Systems Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Technical Architect, and IT Director.
Currently, I am a Senior Software Engineer at Classy.org.
Below are the different jobs and projects I have worked on.
- Systems Administrator for Our Shepherd Lutheran Church & School
- Migrated primary file share and directory server from Novell Netware to Windows Server.
- Migrated email system for 100+ users from Novell Groupwise to Google Apps for Education.
- Frontend & Backend Web Developer for Trademark Productions
- DevOps Engineer & Technical Architect for Shinola Detroit and C.C. Filson Co
- Implemented imgix image optimization & delivery service for both shinola.com and filson.com.
- Implemented Algolia search for both shinola.com and filson.com.
- Contract Developer for imgix
- Built a Magento 1 module that integrates imgix's image optimization and delivery service into Magento.
Check out my blog for my thoughts on DevOps, PHP, Magento, and life in general.
You may reach me via email at or connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Linux & Windows Administration
- Cloud & Distributed System Architecture
AWS Certified Solutions Architect